Friday, May 20, 2011

Ingredients

I realized I should probably include a list of recipes and ingredients for my 2 day cooking spree...

I'm making:

  1. Split Pea Soup
  2. Beans
  3. Mexican Beans
  4. Refried Beans
  5. Buttermilk Chicken
  6. Italian Chicken
  7. Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Pancakes or with oatmeal
  8. Half Wheat Biscuits
  9. Taco Kits
  10. Burritos
  11. Breakfast Burritos (if I have time)


Shopping List:

If you haven't mad a ham lately, I recommend buying a small (4-5lb) bone-in picnic ham and cooking it a day or two before. Reserve the bone and about 1lb of ham. Or you can just buy a ham hock & ham steak...

  • 1lb split peas
  • 1qt chicken broth
  • celery
  • garlic
  • 4lbs dried pinto beans
  • 2 cups salsa
  • 1qt Buttermilk
  • Dijon Mustard
  • 16oz bottle Italian Dressing
  • Chocolate chips
  • Tortillas- I'm starting with 20 white & 20 wheat
  • 6lbs Taco Seasoned Turkey (or plain ground turkey and taco seasoning)
  • Breakfast meat- I'm using ham sandwich meat because I forgot sausage LOL

Things I usually keep on hand:
  • Whole Wheat Flour
  • 18 eggs
  • Milk
  • Oats
  • 1lb real salted butter
  • olive oil
  • baby carrots
  • shortening
  • baking powder
  • onion
  • Sauce packets from Taco Bell- They ask if you want sauce and when you say yes they toss in a handful for 2 tacos. I always have leftovers LOL!


0 comments: