Thursday, April 18, 2013
So I discovered I DO have a suitable striped fabric for a lazy version of the Purpledicular Dress. WooHoo! I did a significant destash last Fall, so I don't have nearly as much fabric as I DID. Nonetheless I have 16 candidates not counting the denim and the knits (which appear to still be packed... Whoops!)
1. Patriotic Print. This was a SERIOUS SCORE. I originally got something like 8 yards of this, plus a few flag panels, for $2.50! This is going to be the lining & pockets on overalls for E, and the skirt on skirtalls for K.
2. WILD heart print. I have, I think, 3 yards of this. I'm thinking it probably won't get used this time around because of just how wild it is.
3. Strawberry print. I originally bought TWENTY yards of this, some 8ish years ago... I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 8-10 yards left after I made a ton of tote bags out of it for Christmas a few years ago. It MIGHT become a dress, but I'm not sure. Yellow is not one of K's best colors...
4. Pre-made patchwork. I bought it at Hobby Lobby to make the skirt of a t-shirt dress for K. I'm assuming it will finally get to fulfill it's destiny if there is enough of it... She's grown a bit since then.
5. Forest green floral. Meh. It was on my rack so I snapped a pic, but I really don't have any plans for it right now.
6. Orange gingham with flocked white flowers. This came in the same lot with the other ginghams... I'm not too keen on orange.
7 & 8. Poly blends I bought on the $1 rack at Walmart a couple of summers ago. I've been saving these for maxi skirts for K.
9-11. Florals. I've had these for over 10 years... I like them, and they are lovely and Spring-y, but they are thin.
12-16. The Ginghams. Dark purple is a larger print. Light purple, light blue, and dark blue are tiny.
Looking over this I KNOW there is quite a bit still packed apparently. I have a king sized bedsheet I dyed pink, a yellow knit sheet, a deeeeep purple knit sheet, some olive knit yardage, some teal rib knit, and most importantly some peach floral poly blend that I bought at the thrift store that PERFECTLY matches a peach striped tee, which is also misplaced currently. I also have several bags of vintage fabric, but no plans for any of it for now... I'm hoping it's all in the tub with my collection of thrifted tees for recycling.
Looks like today will be spent hunting up my fabric instead of getting started. Oy.